How to become a Member of Aging Life Care Association™ New England Chapter Committee
Join and reap the benefits of being a NE chapter Aging Life Care Association Expert.
Aging Life Care Association™ New England Chapter Committee is the regional New England area committee of the Aging Life Care Association (ALCA). We are one of nine regional groups that cover the entire country.
To join us at Aging Life Care Association™ New England Chapter Committee, you must first become a member of ALCA, the national association, then you can further choose to join our NE chapter. The membership application for both organizations must be completed at the National ALCA website, and you can do both simultaneously. The National Association website is located at caremanager.org. Simply click on the “Join Us” tab to locate the appropriate membership application.
The Aging Life Care Association (ALCA) defines and promotes the highest standards for private practice. Membership is open to qualified individuals either with a degree in a field in human services (social work, psychology, nursing, gerontology) or an equivalent background, who are also experienced in the delivery of services to the elderly and their families. Members of Aging Life Care Association™ New England Chapter Committee (New England) must meet or exceed the standards of ALCA.
As of 2008, the Aging Life Care Association voted to further elevate the professional standards of ALCA Experts in the organization by requiring all ALCA members to be certified. For more information on how you can obtain such certification, please visit the websites of the official certification organizations below, or visit ALCA at caremanager.org.
Certifications accepted by ALCA
1. Care Manager Certified – CMC
2. Certified Case Manager – CCM
- Commission for Case Manager Certification
- website: casemanagerexam.com
3. National Association of Social Workers
- Certified Advanced Social Work Case Manager (C-ASWCM)
*note: this certification is for individuals with a MSW degree
- Certified Social Work Case Manger (C-SWCM)
*note: this certification is for individuals with a BSW degree
- Website: socialworkers.org
Benefits of Certification for ALCA Members
- Provides a minimum standard for education, core competencies and practice for all care managers
- Promotes increased accountability among all members of Aging Life Care Association™
- Offers a competitive edge in the market place
- Forges a link to third party reimbursement
- Enhances the ability to negotiate with liability insurance providers
- Provides a step in the development of geriatric care management as a profession
We welcome you to attend one of our in person program meetings as a guest. The list of upcoming programs is to the right. Please note that guests are only invited to join in person programs. You must be a member to join the webinars. We usually meet in person at an assisted living or long term care facility in the Greater Boston/Metro-West area. Our meetings begin with a tour of the hosting facility and a snack provided by them, followed by a guest speaker on a topic of professional interest to our membership. Guests are allowed to attend one (1) program meeting then they must join to continue to attend and reap the full benefits of membership.
To inquire about joining us for a New England Chapter Committee ALCA meeting, please contact Julie Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org.